Asia Education Leader (AEL) Course is to nurture internationally minded educational professionals (IMEP) who have international perspective and are able to address educational challenges in contemporary East Asia. Specifically, it nurtures (1) Education researchers capable of undertaking comparative analysis of educational issues in East Asia; (2) Teacher leaders who are practicing educators capable of engaging with researchers, policymakers and other practitioners; and (3) Education administrators with the knowledge and skills required to collaborate with partners across the region.
AEL Course is set up by consensus among, and its summer/winter courses are hosted in rotation by, six partner institutes of five universities in East Asia. They are
– Graduate School of Education, Tohoku University (TU), Sendai, Japan
– College of Education, National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taipei, Taiwan
– School of Education Science, Nanjing Normal University (NNU), Nanjing, China
– School of Psychology, Nanjing Normal University (NNU), Nanjing, China
– Department of Education, Korea University (KU), Seoul, Korea
– College of Education, National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU), Taipei, Taiwan