Asia Education Leader (AEL) Course is to nurture internationally minded educational professionals (IMEP) who have international perspective and are able to address educational challenges in contemporary East Asia. Specifically, it nurtures (1) Education researchers capable of undertaking comparative analysis of educational issues in East Asia; (2) Teacher leaders who are practicing educators capable of engaging with researchers, policymakers and other practitioners; and (3) Education administrators with the knowledge and skills required to collaborate with partners across the region.
AEL Course is set up by consensus among, and its summer/winter courses are hosted in rotation by, six partner institutes of five universities in East Asia. They are
- Graduate School of Education, Tohoku University (TU), Sendai, Japan
- College of Education, National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taipei, Taiwan
- School of Education Science, Nanjing Normal University (NNU), Nanjing, China
- School of Psychology, Nanjing Normal University (NNU), Nanjing, China
- Department of Education, Korea University (KU), Seoul, Korea
- College of Education, National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU), Taipei, Taiwan
(as of January 2018)
107students registered, of which
National Taiwan Normal University, July 6-22, Summer 2016
Tohoku University, February 11-23, Winter 2017
Nanjing Normal University, July 1-14, Summer 2017
National Chengchi University, January 15-26, Winter 2018
- All classes in the Summer and Winter Courses are conducted in English.
- AEL Course Joint Certificate of Completion will be awarded, upon application, to those who have earned at least 12 credits.
- Among the 12 credits, at least 6 credits should be earned from subjects held not in home university, at least 2 credits are from K-P, A-P and S-P subjects respectively.
- For students who joined AEL Course in 2014-2016 and need P credits: credits of K-P, A-P or S-P subjects can be recognized as P credits as well as K, A, S credits.