International Webinar Series 2022
Reframing A New Social Contract for Education in Asia-Pacific Region
Higher Education for A Just and Sustainable World 2
Transforming teaching and learning in the Asia-Pacific Region
December 17, 2022, 14:00-17:10 (Japan Standard Time)
Graduate School of Education, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Global society is facing unprecedented crises caused by digital technology, climate change, democratic regression, social disparities, and their impact on education and our societies. To address these crises, in 2021 UNESCO released a report entitled Reimagining Our Futures Together. The report stated that education itself needs to be transformed in order to build a peaceful, just, and sustainable future. The report also stated that in order to solve global challenges, including education, we need to ask three essential questions about education as a social contract as we move toward 2050 It is suggested that we reexamine the process of deciding what to continue, what to stop, and what to rebuild. The search for answers to these questions led to this year’s international webinar series.
This webinar firstly provides a keynote speech by expert from UNESCO to share trends and challenges in transforming higher education for sustainable development in Asia-Pacific Region. Then, it gives three case studies promoting sustainability in higher education institutions through transforming teaching and learning in Hong Kong SAR (China), China, and Australia.
- Enhance understanding of progress and challenges for higher education to innovate teaching and learning for sustainability in Asia-Pacific.
- Share experiences of efforts to innovate teaching and learning for sustainability through higher education in Asia-Pacific.
- Exchange insights of the role of universities in achieving SDGs.
- Scholars from Asia-Pacific Region share their institutions’ experiences of innovating teaching and learning to promote higher education for sustainability.
- Find new opportunities and approach to collaborate for promoting higher education for sustainability.
For onsite participation, please register through the following URL
For online participation, please registered through the following URL.
Dr. Jing Liu, Graduate School of Education, Tohoku University